Saturday, September 24, 2011

The Value Scale and The Color Wheel

1) Discuss what you thought about creating the Value Scale and Color Wheel.
- I really liked creating the Value Scale; it reminded me of my earlier days of drawing and shading. By using my drawing pencils I was able to create the values and shades that matched the example in the book.
- The Color Wheel was a different story; I was getting really frustrated on trying to match the colors as best as I could. It took me a really long time to make this color wheel because I wanted it as perfect as possible and I didn’t want to mix the colors too much to create a different color that was not part of the color wheel.

2) Which media did you enjoy working with the best and why?
- The media I enjoyed working with the best was using my drawing pencils. When I was younger I use to draw all the time and everything didn’t matter when I drew. So even though I was just making a Value Scale, it didn’t seem like that to me. I think of drawing as a therapy session, no matter what I’m drawing.

3) What was the most important discovery in the creation of these studies?
- The most important discovery in the creation of these studies is that three colors (yellow, magenta, and cyan), can create more colors and you can use them to make a beautiful work of art.

4) What is the most important information you learned from watching the videos for this project? What is your opinion of the videos?
- The most important information I learned from watching the videos for this project is that my art teachers in the past “lied” to me. I never knew that magenta and yellow could make red, or that cyan and magenta could make blue. I always thought that you couldn’t make red and blue. Well I guess you learn something new every day.
- My opinion of the videos is that they are very educational and they made me think about art in a different way.




No comments:

Post a Comment