Saturday, October 1, 2011

Logo Design

 1) Discuss what you thought about creating your logo.
- For me creating a logo about personal expression was a little bit of a challenge to accomplish. I didn’t know whether to describe myself as a mom, or myself as an individual. In the end I choose to go with my individualism.

2) Describe the process: creative thinking skills and ideas you used in the logo creation.
- For starters I just took my pencil and drew the first letter that came to me, “K”, then I went from “KR” to “Kat”, both of those phrases did represent me, but which one did it better. I looked all over my room for inspiration, and then I noticed my fairy pictures and the way they looked. After that I looked back at my name that I had drew, to me both pictures looked very similar with one another. Then I started combining parts of the two images, but I wasn’t quite there. I looked online at some pictures to give me some support, and in the end I feel I created a logo that represented my personal individualism.

3) What was the most important discovery you made in the creation of your logo?
- The most important discovery I made with creating my logo was that I can be myself. Don’t get me wrong, I love being a mother, but I am also a person. With the fairy wings that I added to my name, in the logo, I have become someone different than just a mom. The wings do not symbolize me flying away; they indicate that I am able to do anything.

4) What is the most important information you learned from watching the videos, PowerPoint, and reading material for this project? What is your opinion of the videos?
- The most important information I learned from watching the videos, PowerPoint, and reading material for this project was that a logo takes a lot of time to get right. A logo has to represent you or your company, without it things just don’t come together. I found that the videos that were provided for this project were very useful in that they opened my eyes to all the hard work each person has to do in order to make an effective logo.

Sources of creativity:

http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/60167/60167,1161879773,2/stock-vector-fairy-wings-2061429.jpg

http://www.fuelactive8.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/LogoCent_Blk1.jpg



Sometimes I Feel Like I'm In A Bubble

Started Out With Just My Initals
 













Wanted To See How It Would
Be With My Initals
 
I Always Have A Mask Infront Of Me

 
 
Looking Around My Room I Noticed
One Of My Fairy Pictures
 
Wanted To Change The Wings


Final Logo Design




No comments:

Post a Comment