Saturday, October 8, 2011

Reviewing Peer Responses to Artwork

Higgins, Rachel (higginrc01)
http://higginsartthoughts.blogspot.com/

Huggins, Kimberly (hugginkn01)
http://understandingartbykim.blogspot.com/
http://s1133.photobucket.com/albums/m593/ArtbyKim/?albumview=slideshow


When looking at Project #1: (Elements and Principles), did you agree with the element or principle the artist listed with the images? Did you see other elements and principles in the images?
- I agree with Rachel Higgins’s slideshow. She chose a lot of great images that matched the elements and principles of art beautifully. I noticed that her choice for “Unity” could have been represented “Rhythm” as well. Kimberly Huggins had a lot of good pictures for her slideshow as well. I agree with most of her choices she made to represent the elements and principles of art. But the image that Kimberly chose for “Rhythm” would have been better suited for “Line”.

When looking at Project #2: Where there any images in the Peer Blogs the same as your own? If yes, what were they? Where the reasons the image was selected the same or different as your own?
- John F. Simon Jr.’s Endless Victory was the only piece of artwork that Rachel and I had in common, but our reasons on why we chose them were quite different. I chose this piece because I wanted to know more about how the artist created it. She wanted to know more behind the inspiration of this piece. The only piece that Kimberly Huggins chose that was the same as mine was Jackson Pollock’s Convergence. Same as with Rachel, Kimberly’s reasons for choosing this piece was quite different. For years I have followed Pollock’s work and researched him in detail so I feel a little close to his artwork. Kimberly understood and liked the variety of colors, but she wanted to know the reason behind the name.

Where there any images that you’re Peers selected that pique your interest now? If yes, what are they and what is your connection with them? What would you want to know about them?
- The image that piqued my interest now was Yves Tanguy’s Indefinite Divisibility that Rachel chose during her visit to the art gallery. I cannot stop staring at this piece and I wish I saw it at the art gallery during my visit. After looking at Tanguy’s oil painting I want to visit the art gallery sooner to see this piece. My connection with this oil painting is, like Rachel, I find it very eerie and strange. But yet, at the same time, I find this piece very intriguing and when I do go to the art gallery I will make it a point to see this artwork up close to study it more. The piece is done in oil, oil is my favorite medium, and I want to see the value and use of color up close.

What do you think about the process of reading your peers reflection? Do you find this to be a valuable in your learning?
- I think the process of reading my peers’ reflections takes time and is something I have to look closely at. People say that you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover, and by just glancing at their reflections I would not be able to notice the hard work they have put into creating them. I do find it valuable in my learning experience because the work they made is examples I can use to get inspiration from to do my own products.

Check your Blog and read comments posted by your Peers. Do you find their comments helpful?
- I do find it helpful reading the comments posted by my peers because I am the best critic of myself and to hear positive remarks of my work I feel that I am doing well in this class and that I do have a sense of art in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment