Monday, November 28, 2011

Week 13 - Video Review

For each video list/discuss the key concepts you learned.

 In the first video, The Lowdown on Lowbrow: West Coast Pop Art, I learned that this art is a really extreme type of pop art. With this art many artists feel like they are different from the snotty art gallery people they view in the world. A lowbrow artist is a person that is regarded as uncultivated and lacking in taste, I never even heard of the word so this was a major part of my learning experience. In the second video, Displaying Modern Art: The Tate Approach; is about an art gallery that had over 4 million viewers that came to see its gallery in its first year. The next film, Bones of Contention: Native American Archaeology, I learned that some Native Americans did not want their ancestors dug up for archaeologists to research the genetic make-up to see how they were back then. The last video, George Eastman House: Picture Perfect; is about George Eastman and how his house became the mecca of film and photography. I found out that George Eastman made photography as simple as possible and the George Eastman House has everything in it – from his life to the history of film and photography.


Do the videos relate to the creation of your Art Exhibition project? If yes, explain how. If no, explain why not.

 The first two videos, The Lowdown on Lowbrow: West Coast Pop Art and Displaying Modern Art: The Tate Approach, both relate to the creation of my Art Exhibition project. The reason is because I am doing a modern art exhibit and these two videos gave me some more inspiration to complete my project.

What is your opinion of the films? Do they add depth to understanding of the art concepts you practiced while creating your curation project?

 I liked the first video a lot because it was the most unusual video I have seen so far in this semester and I really didn’t get bored watching it. The first video did add some depth to my understanding of some art concepts because it opened my eyes to new and extreme art.

No comments:

Post a Comment