Saturday, December 10, 2011

Reflections on Being an Art Critic

Which projects did you review?

The project I reviewed was “Love Though the Ages” by Haley Breier


 Why did you select the Exhibit you critiqued?
 I selected this exhibit because the title interested me and as I looked more through her exhibit I wanted to critique it.
 What challenges did you face in writing the critique article and how did you overcome them?
 I never wrote a critique article before, let alone an art critique so I was a little bit nervous in writing this one. But I overcame this by watching the videos that the teacher told me to watch and then I looked up some websites on art critiques and just went with it.


How do you feel about critiquing your peers work?
I am a little bit nervous about critiquing one of my peers work because I do not consider myself a professional and I am no one to judge anyone’s artwork.

 Would you like to read the critique your peers wrote about your Art Curation Project?

Part of me would like to read the critique that my peers wrote about my art project, but there is another part of me that would be really nervous on what they had to say.


On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate your finished article and why?
 I would rate my finished article on a scale of 1-10 to be a 5. The reason is I have never really been good at writing essays let alone critiques, so this being my first one I would consider it to be ok.

Did you enjoy working on this project?

This project was ok, and I really didn’t like working on it because I do not like to give judgment about other people’s work.

No comments:

Post a Comment